Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bloomin' Garlic Bread

Bloomin Garlic Bread- think like a bloomin onion without the vegetable part.
OMG, this was so good. Seriously, do not go near this recipe if you are dieting. We could not stop eating this, even this kids thought it was super. I made this one up as I was going and it turned out perfect. You could probably come up with some tweeks on this with your families favorite flavors
Here is what you need,

1 store bought round bread loaf.
1/2 stick of butter
Chopped Garlic
1.5 cups of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
Italian Spices

Okay, I started off with a plain old Italian round loaf from Kroger. With my serated knife, I made cuts all the way down both horizontally and vertically. You want to cut preety far down, but NOT through the bottom crust. I stopped when I felt the knife on the bottom crust. For those of you that actually get to eat at restaurants that don't heavly feature cartoon-characters on their menu.... this look should remind you of a bloomin onion from Outback Steakhouse.

Next, melt your half stick of butter and mix in the garlic. I let my butter cool enough to be safely handled by my small helpers. Baby A (buscuit) had alot of fun brushing on the butter. Make sure to get in all the little bread nooks you cut.

Baby B (muffin) saw how much fun it was and wanted to join in. I only have one brush, so he used a spoon, which worked out well. And a fight over who got to use the brush did not happen, I know I am shocked too.
Next, I asked the boys the super important question of white or yellow cheeses (Mozerella or cheddar). Personally, I wanted both. The boys agreed for the first time today and went for the white. We sprinkled 1.5 cups of cheese. Again, be sure to get some cheesy goodness in the nooks and crannies you cut. Now, sprinkle with your Italian herbs or spices.

In the oven at 350 for 10 minutes or until warm and bubbly.

Let cool for about 5 minutes, so you can rip into this with your hands. So easy and so yummy. This goes perfect with a big ol' glass of "Mommy Juice", especially if you have toddlers that have been fighting all day :)

Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Looks divine and your instructions are very entertaining! Plus, good for you for teaching the little ones how to cook early on. I did that and my now 24-year-old son is a fantastic cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this one, It looks good and it has all my favorites! Bread, butter, cheese, Italian spice. How much better could it get. Oh a glass of wine! Perfection!

    Great to get the little ones interested in helping. My grandkids are always asking to help when I start cooking. Best little helpers you can have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't wait to try. Love your way with words. You must be adorable like your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you wrap the whole thing in foil?

    ReplyDelete