Sunday, December 12, 2010

Easy Yummy Dinner for about $10 for family of 5

I forgot to take a picture of this wonderful meal. So, I will start the way the meal prep did, with triplets out in the snow.





Okay, wait, let me take you back further. How about me at the grocery store the day before trying to come up with something new for dinner that the kids might actually eat. We have been in such a recipe rut around here. So, when saw the Recipe Inspiration cards by McCormick on sale I thought I would try it.

It contains Paprika, Rosemary, Black Pepper, and Garlic. I paid $1.69. Most people probably already have these spices and would not have to buy the pack. A tablespoon of each spice should do. I went with the pack because since the triplets have gotten into the spice drawer, many spices have gone missing. In fact, we probably had everything but the Rosemary. I am sure the paprika has to be around somewhere. The kids like to hide the spices, arg. But, I am planning to buy some rosemary and mix a tablespoon of each of these spices and store in little plastic bags. I will do the math but, it probably would be less in the long run to make my own McAbby spice mix..... hum...I...hear... project.

Anyhow, I bought a family size bone in package of 5 chicken breast with skin at Meijer and red potatoes.

So

Spices = $1.69

Chicken = $6.09


Red Potatoes = $1.35


Brussels Sprouts =$1.00 (frozen with coupon) (Triplets refused these :)


Just toss the spice packet with cut potatoes, chicken, and a touch of olive oil and bake at 425 for 45 minutes. Go out and play in the snow. When we came in dinner was ready and even the pickiest of triplets ate it! Okay, with ketsup but I'll still take it as a win when dealing with 3 fussy toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment