Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Handmade Dr. Suess Shirts for $4

I cannot believe the triplets are going to be 2 in a few short weeks. Since their birthday is so close to the holidays I thought I better get started on some of the stuff for the birthday party. I am going with a Cat in The Hat theme this year. Last year I had someone on etsy make them birthday shirts. I looked around online for the Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts. First problem was that no-one had a thing 3 shirt. Second, I was not going to pay $20 for each shirt.
So here is what I came up with....... and they only cost me $4 each.

So, I went to hobby lobby with my 40% off coupon. I got the red shirts for $2.99 each and used the coupon for the iron on transfer sheets. I ended-up getting the iron-on for about a dollar a sheet. This time I bought the dark transfer sheets. These were slightly harder to use becasue it waws a bit tricky to seperate the 2 sheets. But, a plus is the images do not have to be mirror images.

So, I simply used Microsoft paint to make the white circles with the black outline and add the text. The little "Thing 1 & 2" at the bottom of the tee shirt was some clip art I found online. Printed this all on my ink jet and cut them out.

Peel off backing and iron on.

That was easy.

I am so happy with how these turned out. In fact, I am think of making other themed tee shirts for the triplets.... rock, paper, scissors or how about peanut, butter, and jelly??? Anyone have any other ideas?
I cannot wait to post a pic of them wearing them and post the rest of my budget friendly birthday ideas.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this site.I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own website now !
    unblocked games
    friv4school |
    friv 4 school
    unblocked games | unblockedgames
    tetris games
    monster high games

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice discussion over business thoughts. This is not the first time that I am here on your blog. I learn something new each time I visit.
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcomes to google terminal keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.
    google snake this was actually EARN TO DIE
    what i was looking for,and i am glad to came here! AGE OF WAR 2
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while HAPPY WHEELS
    I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! Slitherio
    Amazing insight you have on this, Slither io This article always blew me BIG FARM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing!
    happy wheels | friv | happy wheels | girlsgogames | games2girls | happy wheels 2

    ReplyDelete